This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address;
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Website usage data;
- Other information relevant to client enquiries; and
- Other information pertaining to survey and property management.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records;
- To improve the products and services we provide;
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry;
- To customise the website for you;
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions;
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site;
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting; and
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
Controlling information about you
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or the law requires us to.
GDPR Update 2018
Following the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulations update in May 2018 we have adopted/amended new procedures.
These procedures include:
- We will not hold your information longer than necessary.
- Only use information to the limit of why it was collected.
- Ensure that consent is given when personal information is collected. Unless we have a legitimate reason to contact, for example you have asked for a quote, then we will use your provided information to fulfil this request.
You can at any stage contact us to have any information we hold for you to be removed from our systems, unless it is necessary to carry out the essential running of our business.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Don’t just take our word for it, here’s what our clients are saying...
We made real headway with our dispute within a couple of days of Housemartins becoming involved.
Bill, East Sussex Flat Owner
Many thanks for your help and advice which I have found very helpful. I look forward in due course to working with you again.
Ms R, Bexhill
Thank you for your support, for all the work you have done, you were great!
Daphne, Company Director
Housemartins helped find the best solution and gave us honest and invaluable advice.
Just a short note to thank you for all the support during the last 2+ years, especially in the early days. Being the professional company that you are you stuck with it. Your response to requests with answers expected ‘yesterday’ was all taken in your stride. I wish you all the best.
Once again we thank enough for your beyond the call efforts.
Paul and Marilyn